Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Recent happenings ...

Hey everyone!
Hope you are all well!

Not much creative going on at this end, the past few weeks have been controlled by car sales, car hunting and getting the bus to and from work (boo!) which honestly crushed my creative motivation. I have to say though, that this is partly because since I was getting the bus, I had plenty of time to read ... and of course then I have had my nose stuck in books even in the evenings rather than beading!

So today - I have no updates on what I have made (there have been a few button earrings, so I'll show you them later in the week) but just an update to show you my new car and recent pictures of the house build.

I wanted to have a 2 seater, cabrio car. I think it is because I'm starting to feel all grown up (getting a house, getting married) that i have had a mini mid-life and wanted an impractical car! So here's my tigra. We hunted for a few weeks to get the right car at the right price, and when we saw this one, it was a no-brainer. She's a pukka little motor and has been well looked after. I'm loving the sunny weather now!


and maybe you are following our house blog, but if you are not - I am happy to give a quick update to say that we now have the start of our cellar wall.


We are having a few problems regarding our prject manager and the electricity connections, so if you want the full gory moody details, you are welcome to pop over to the blog to read about the triumphs and the troubles.

But, that being said, regardless of the minor itty-bitty niggles and troubles, finally there is progress on the house, and progress is a fine fine thing.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh exciting, I can't wait to have a mini mid-life and get a cheeky car :D Hurrah for the house :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoooo, she's got a beautiful new car! And her house is 'growing' - congrats on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new car (and house is coming on very well too). I know what you mean about reading instead of beading - I'm much the same. Summer just makes be want to sit and read all day.

    Lisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the mid life and its just one big crisis and for me an estate car...big dogs and kids don't fit into a Tigra! House is looking good and your Tigra looks fab, we had one once a purple one, hire car, very zippy!

    ReplyDelete